Michael L. Seidman graduated from Queens College in New York in 1973 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, and received his Juris Doctor (JD) from the University Of San Fernando Valley College Of Law in 1977. Michael has practiced in all aspects of family law in Bakersfield, California since 1981. Up until a few years ago, Michael also handled Chapter 7 Bankruptcies.
Michael is a past President of the Family Law Section of the Kern County Bar Association. He has also served as vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer of the Family Law Section of the Kern County Bar Association.
Michael served in the United States Navy Reserves and was on active duty from 1967 through 1970 during the Vietnam conflict. He was Honorably Discharged from the United States Navy in 1970 and enrolled in college upon his discharge. While in the Navy, Michael was stationed at Willow Grove Naval Air Station in Pennsylvania. He performed services as a Navy Corpsman.
Michael is married to Elizabeth Seidman and has been married for 45 years.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- California, 1979
- University of San Fernando Valley College of Law, Panorama City, California
- Juris Doctor - 1977
- Queens College, New York, New York
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Family Law Section of the Kern County Bar Association, Past President
- Family Law Section of the Kern County Bar Association, Vice President
- Family Law Section of the Kern County Bar Association, Secretary
- Family Law Section of the Kern County Bar Association, Treasurer
Past Employment Positions
- United States Navy Reserves, Navy Corpsman, 1967 to 1970