Family Law
Your Children

Modification and Enforcement

Bakersfield Child Custody and Support Attorneys

Child custody and visitation orders, child support orders and other orders can be modified if a change in circumstances requires it. Additionally, these orders can be enforced if one side is not following through as required. At the Law Office of Michael L. Seidman, we have the experience to guide you through the modification or enforcement process. For more than 35 years, our lawyers have been dedicated to protecting the rights of people like you.

Call us at 661-520-5214 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation about what we can do to protect your rights and your family.

Modification of Orders

If you have encountered a major change in your life that impacts your child custody and visitation arrangements or your ability to pay child support or spousal support, you may be able to seek a modification of orders. Examples of life changes include job loss, retirement, remarriage or birth of a new child. You may also need to seek parental relocation, because you are being transferred for employment reasons, or you are moving for some other reason. Our lawyers can assist with all modification requests.

Enforcement of Orders

The most common order that needs to be enforced is payment of support. If you have not received spousal support or child support payments, we can assist you in recovering the funds that are owed to you. There are various options available for doing this, including getting payments taken directly from the payor’s paychecks. We can also file contempt charges for nonpayment, which allows the court to put pressure on the payor. In extreme situations, the payor could have their bank account seized or even be incarcerated.

If you are seeking enforcement of custody and visitation orders because the other parent is interfering with the time you spend with your child, similar action can be taken. We know all of the options available to see that your rights are protected and orders are followed.

Free Consultation About Modification or Enforcement of Orders

Call 661-520-5214 or e-mail our law office to arrange a free consultation with a Bakersfield support modification attorney.